Shortfalls of the D700

Started Nov 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
Hawaii-geek Veteran Member • Posts: 8,066
100% VF, CF & SD, All settings My Mode
  • 100% VF

• CF & SD ... with a plethera of options/combo's to write to.

ALL camera settings "My Mode" (at least 5) and have it on the Dial , with a rotate thru "Modes" via the FRONT wheel ... and ability to adjust one item within the Settings with the BACK wheel. (and another with a comp button + BACK wheel) ... I would be in THIS SETTING ALL DAY, every day. AND, when you SAVE it (in Menu) , it's SAVED ... any adjustments to it is lost when you move to another MY Mode setting. ... So, all five(5) My Mode "ALL camera settings" is only a starting point.

• Did I say "ALL CAMERA SETTINGS" ... everything.

Ability to Save a RAW to CF and send JPG copy accross the USB to LRv3 in tethered.

Well, let us choose ... It's strange that a Cannon can Save on CF and send thru tethered via LRv3 and a Nikon cannot.

• Save a DNG

Cross AF points farther appart ... and still ONE on each Third's Crossing

• not a biggie ... but for a D800 ... 1080p video

• have the AF asst light avoid the 24-70 f2.8 hood a little better LOL

Make the D700 HOT SHOE ... MUCH more durable ... there is a problem here with the sb900.

• Quieter Shutter.

I own two(2) D700 ... so, these cannot be a huge issue for me
But, will be ... when I want to buy a new D800

• add in more RES, Smaller RAW file Option , But, Keeping FAST/Accurate AF, Saves , Shutter, and at least 2 stops better High ISO (needs to be balanced with the Higher RES and the current Tech)

HG

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a99 Sony Alpha a7R +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow