About this 60D isn't a semi-pro cam BS...

Started Nov 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
Howzit Regular Member • Posts: 468
Re: About this 60D isn't a semi-pro cam BS...

I had not even considered Canon until about two months ago when I bumped into a Pro at the local camera shop while testing a D90. She was buying another 550D/2Ti to compliment her other rebels. She was so stoked on them and said they fitted her needs perfectly.

Now as I decide to buy my 1st DSLR the 60D (79%) is my top choice ahead of the D7000, A55 and K-5.

What I find odd/amusing is that review after review comes back more than favorably for the 60D. Some are even surprised how good it has performed. Yet each makes some "Super Rebel" comment, step down from the 50D observation but will still rate it as a mid-range camera - and in the process underrate it. Funny how a lot of semi-pro's using 5DII and 7D have the 60D now in their arsenal.

I'm not phased that camerlabs did not give it "Highly Rated" or DPR did not give it the "Gold Award" as I have done my homework and still have the 60D at the top of my list. However, a lot of newcomers to DSLR will jump for the "GOLD" of the Sony A55 (76%) or the "GOLD" of the D7000 (yes it will get it), because of these reviews.

Semi-pro's can work through the BS - Rookies like me, not so much.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow