D7000 - How to realistically test for pixel issue

Started Nov 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ljcm New Member • Posts: 1
D7000 - How to realistically test for pixel issue

I have limited manual DSLR knowledge. This is my first DSLR that was given to me as a birthday present. Before being flamed for re-asking a question that I already see there already a thread, give this newbie a chance.

I used it as soon as I opened it up and noticed on the video mode that there was one yellow hot pixel on the upper middle quadrant, which I google and found all the threads.

As an engineer and not a scientist, I live in a practical world, not a perfect world so I would like a realistic test and not as I have seen in other previous threads about pixel testing .in a closet with the lens cap on. However that is not how I intend on using my new D7000 (present I got last night). If I do the lens cap test, on a high ISO, yes, I have dozen of speckles. But is this realistic?

As this is my first DSLR, how should I test it realistically? I would like a step by step procedure to ensure that I'm testing it accurately. If there is an answer just link it to me. I have looked, but I saw more moaning than actual "how to test realistically".

What is realistic with acceptance of pixels. I see no pixels in normal portraits, just the "one" in the video mode. I see dozens at iso 5000 with the cap on.

Thanks and sorry in advance

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow