"Back Button" C-AF and S-AF Switching
Terry (tbranscombe) on a recent thread about bird photos and C-AF on the E-5 mentioned the "back button" method, which apparently involves using the shutter release for C-AF and switching to a back button for S-AF.
Is the back button used for this the AEL/AF lock button or the Function button. Can one use the "MY Mode" settings to accomplish this?
Details on how to set this up on an E-5 as well as on an E-510 would be greatly appreciated.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%