Sigma 30 f1.4... revised!

Started Oct 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Liberty555 Regular Member • Posts: 380
Sigma 30 f1.4... revised!

I had an interesting discussion with the Sigma agent recently about how Sigma had revised the 30 f1.4 but not made it a formal "type II" or anything.

I sold mine due to some ongoing focus issues, but have now got my hands on the newer one. The box is smaller and has changed colour scheme (gone is the big red EX replaced with a small grey square), the rough matte finish on the lens and hood has gone - replaced with a smooth flat black finish and I'm told the firmware and focus mechanism has had some minor changes and updates along the way.

The only rough matte part on the lens is just in front of the focus ring. Quite a change in look and feel from the older one.

I can also report that on my 60D and 7D, it focuses much more consistently than before and seems a touch faster and quieter, but nothing scientific here.

I guess the changes are minor in the scheme of things, but now I have my 30mm back and I'm happy!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow