Wndows 7 activation?
Great-- thanks much for the detailed information.
Since the older computer came w/ XP originally, it seems I should be able to use that XP OEM disc to do a reinstallation of XP and choose to format the HD.
Always helpful to hear directly from someone who's been there/done that!
Any way to legally return to XP on the old machine and install Win 7 on the newer one?
For the XP part, I don't know. Maybe you could put Ubuntu (Linux) on the old machine ?
But for the new machine, if you have a store bought copy of Windows 7, you can put it on a different machine.
It will install fine, and run fine for 30 days, with no activation. So that will give you some time to make sure all is well on your new machine, running Windows 7.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%