Poll on the use of Live View on DSLR

Started Oct 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
herebefore
herebefore Veteran Member • Posts: 3,296
Re: What does it mean?

SirSeth wrote:

This is what it means to me.

1. there is a anti-live view bias (or people don't want to admit to using live view because they think it's amateurish).

2. live view is only needed (and only used by most people) in certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean most people don't want their cameras to have the capability.

It's somewhat like HD movies imo. I want it on my next camera, but how often I'll use it, I don't know. I do know that when doing Macro and landscape I use live view a ton. Especially for Macro with the E330. Amazing live view system. It really depends on the subject and type of shooting I'm doing. I suspect that when shooting movies I'll use the HD movie mode a ton.

Cheers,
Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

Seth.. I think you have it under point 2.

Though I have never used the "Live view" on my 5## cameras, I have used it when needed on the 330 and the 620..

I wouldn't want to be without it... even at an equine event, I sometimes run for the 330...

BUT:

If I "quantify it" by percentage of times I use it... it would be less than 1% of my shots.. that is not representative of how much I LIKE "live view" it only represents how often I get to use it. (a somewhat different thing).

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch'
Mystic, Connecticut
New England
USA.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow