Poll on the use of Live View on DSLR

Started Oct 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
olyflyer Forum Pro • Posts: 24,193
Regarding my sig (OT)

I don't know what makes you so upset about that signature. It is easy to turn it off if you want to, so do so if it disturbs you. I happened to believe that Malcolm Muggeridge was an intelligent man, and I like intelligent people. You should try to read a bit about him, before making such a fuss and declaring he is an idiot because of what he said. That comment says more about your level of intelligence than his.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Muggeridge

Try the local library; I am pretty sure the librarian has heard about him and will gladly help you out.

John King wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.

So all the fish are gathered in the headwaters of the stream?

Are we discussing fish now? As I said, that sentence is not about fish but it is apparently too complicated for you to understand.

Your footer block is as silly as what you have posted here, Josef.

Coming from you, I take it as a compliment. Anyway, if it disturbs you than turn off the view, put me on your ignore list. You have stated that you done that already, but apparently it is not working, so I suggest you contact the admins.

The sig stays until I decide to remove it, or until someone from DPR is telling me I am not allowed to quote a British author because it upsets an Australian member of this forum. What is your problem with Malcolm Muggeridge? Was he an Aussie hater or what? The poor guy is dead and has been dead for 20 years now, so what's the problem? He was a writer, not a fisher man. He wrote and used words to describe things you apparently don't understand.

BTW, if I ever decide to change my sig, how about this quote:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Of course, that's also silly, since if you walk with your eyes turned upwards all the time you most probably will not walk for long...

...or maybe this one:

"He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind."

What a load of cr@p, isn't it?
Or, would you better approve to this one?

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

Here is another one:

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!"

Perhaps the last example is the best...

"The Camera doth not make the Man (or Woman) ..."
"Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ..."

My only problem is that I don't know who said that and why. It also makes no sense. Why should one be nicer to cats than to dogs and least nice to children? When I list something I list in order of importance, so I'd list with children first. Then again, why be kind exclusively to children, why not say "human beings" or something which includes every person? So, on a second thought, no, I won't use that sig because it is silly.

Now John, please get used to the fact that you don't have monopoly to what is and what is not silly, and what one should or should not use in his sig. As far as I know, there are no rules against using Malcolm Muggeridge or Leonardo da Vinci quotes, or your own self prophecy, if you decide to do so. If that upsets you please go and find some professional help.
--
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.
(Malcolm Muggeridge)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow