Started Oct 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
John King
John King Forum Pro • Posts: 14,941
Re: But why not?

Sergey_Green wrote:

John King wrote:
Josef

olyflyer wrote:

All he is saying is that it's a house cat, your own house cat, trusting you and lets you photograph her 24/7 millions of times.

She doesn't and won't. Cats will almost never allow you to approach from this angle and at this distance with anything, let alone a camera. They turn to face you at best, and p!ss off at worst.

At 60+cm?

Wrong.

This is a shorter lens, and on a lesser cropped format, but it did not even occur to me that getting closer would make the image any more interesting. Seriously, street cat, no LV,

This cat is not sitting on your chest .

Do you seriously want me to pull out a lot of your images where you have less than the full creature in the image? What? You have never taken a portrait of anyone? Even in this thread there are examples.

This image, while nice, still fails to demonstrate the physiology of the cat's eye, which is what my image is about. If you cannot understand that, you must never look at anyone's photos except those that mimic your own ...

-

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow