High Speed Video - Exposure Time of a Single Video Frame?

Started Oct 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chas Tennis Contributing Member • Posts: 910
High Speed Video - Exposure Time of a Single Video Frame?

I am interested in motion analysis of tennis strokes using high speed video. I am purchasing a Casio EX FH100 to give it a try.

The frame rate gives the number of pictures taken per second and goes up to 1,000 fr/s for the FH100. Another time - the exposure time for each video frame (of less duration than the time between frames) is directly related to image blur when examining single frames in stop action. I would like to know how long the exposure time is and how the operating conditions & light levels affect it. The camera specs on the Casio site gives "shutter speed" but I believe (and am not certain) that "shutter speed" applies only to the camera used for taking pictures and not for its high speed video operation.

The exposure time may depend on the light level and lens f/ number but this info is hard to come by so far. Exposure time could be examined by measuring the blur on moving objects. Vary the light level & frame rate, etc and measure blur.

Exposure Time X Object Velocity = Image Blur

Any information on exposure time during high speed video operation of the Casio EX FH100 or other Casio high speed video camera appreciated.
--
Chas Tennis

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow