New X100 looks good

Started Sep 19, 2010 | Discussions thread
JBreningstall Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: Looks good but...

I like the idea of this camera (will wait to see on its execution). Fixed lens is fine with me, constantly flipping lenses in the field gets to be a hassle and I wouldn't mind having the option of switching between small cameras. I'd prefer alternating between fast primes over using a super-zoom (e.g. 18-135). 35mm focus is okay for street work, certainly won't do for tight interior P&S-type snapshot situations (I would have preferred a 25 or 28mm). I use 24mm (38mm equiv) on my Canon and I've found that to be a good focal length for travel photography.

This camera could (I hope) address many of the gaps I see in the m 4/3 formula: strong high ISO and autofocus performance, interior optical viewfinder, better dials, controls and ergonomics. I played with the EPL-1 in the store, it was like using a toy and I could get lunch while it focused.The nice Panasonic f/1.7 20mm doesn't help me if I have to use it on a Pany/Olympus camera that doesn't have SLR-quality autofocus, high ISO and/or dynamic range. I also like to be able to make eye contact with my subjects, which doesn't come naturally when I'm staring at an LCD screen arms extended.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Arn
Arn
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Arn
(unknown member)
Arn
rjx
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow