What products would you launch if you were Canon?

Started Sep 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
fyngyrz Senior Member • Posts: 1,606
answers continued

...continuation - STUPID 6000 character limit

The upper bound here is the mirror motor, not processing. Canon went through a lot of effort to reach 8 fps in the 7D body size off one battery. Notice the D300s needs a grip to hit 8 fps.

Nope. Raise the mirror, leave it up. No longer an issue in any way. The major issue here is the number of bits headed for processing and storage. The cue that this is so is the fact that Canons routinely capture 60 fps right now (video), over 10x the frame rate of my 50D; but these are low res shots, that is, fewer pixels. So it's all about pixel count, just as I said.

Computer speed and storage increases by the month. Once you take a shot you can never go back to that exact same moment and take another, higher resolution one.

Yeah, and once you take a high res image with X noise in it, you can never go back and get less noise. It just depends on what you'd rather have; more noisy dots, or quieter, fewer dots. I prefer the latter, you prefer the former. I like the latter, because if I want more detail, I'll choose a longer lens. But if I go your way, and I want lower noise... I have no way to get it.

I'd provide the ability for the user to define the in-camera push; all the way to the last bit - 13 stops -- if that's what they wanted. So standard (analog) ISO of perhaps 12800 or 25600,

We have that now. Larger pixels won't change the limits we're hitting today.

Sorry, what? In what camera can you define push to the last bit??? And larger pixels DO change those limits. Naturally and without a doubt. Go look at images from a Nikon D3s. The first pushed ISO on that thing is 25k! And why? because it's 12 mp, that's why. Nothing magic about it: Just larger, fewer pixels. Still FF, yet it totally outperforms everything else out there, hands down. Which should remind you to go back up and read what I explained about larger pixels. That's the key to low noise with any one tech. Sure, you gather more light (microlenses covering interstitial gaps) and you'll gain. Develop a sensor where the wells have fewer random avalanches, and you'll gain. Develop a sensor with less external read noise, and you'll gain. But if all these factors remain the same, and you scale the pixels, the more there are, the more noise will be in each one and the rougher the light reading will be in each one. The fewer, the quieter, and the smoother.

Wireless charging; wireless image uploading; wireless everything. The only things hanging off the camera should be lens/tripod and/or a camera strap. Nothing to forget, nothing to hook up. It just works.

Some how I don't think wireless charging will work.

Works fine. Just ask my toothbrush. There are some systems coming online now for cellphones, too. I would love to be able to drop my DSLR in a cradle and have it charge at the same time its dumping images out. Isn't that what devices are for, to save us work?

-- hide signature --
 fyngyrz's gear list:fyngyrz's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RR6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow