My weekend with the LX5 (vs S90)

Started Sep 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John.Laninga
John.Laninga Senior Member • Posts: 2,382
My weekend with the LX5 (vs S90)

There is another thread with some excellent observations between the S95 and the LX5. The latter is considered more of a "photographer's" camera, with more settings etc. etc. So I received my LX5 last week and dove into the manual and worked through all the menu options. Impressive! I did a whole bunch of comparison images, and both cameras work great. But I wanted to bring out something else in this post.

Now that I have the LX5, and had some time getting the feel of it, I went to a family gathering over the weekend. I left the S90 at home and did all my photos with the LX5. Same process, same way I always take pictures, mostly indoors. And here is the strange part.... I considered the LX5 pictures to be significantly inferior to images I took the prior weekend with the S90. No explanations, no pixel analysis, just judging usable pictures by eyeballing them.

What this implies is that you get more and better "keepers" with the S90 than the LX5. I find this most strange as I prefer the LX5 for a whole bunch of reasons, but why does the S90 give me better pictures? Maybe I better spend another couple of weeks with the LX5 and get some more familiarity with it...

== John

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X30 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow