Advice please: 400d/450d or maybe 20d/30d

Started Sep 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Garry23 New Member • Posts: 16
Advice please: 400d/450d or maybe 20d/30d

I've been a long time Nikon user with a D50 and four lenses set up (2 zooms/ 2 primes) that I've very much enjoyed using and learning the craft of dslr photography.

Recently though I've acquired three Canon EF lenses all with circular polarisers from a friend who is emigrating (18-55IS, 35-80 macro and 70-200-F4 - got for an excellent price!).

I have been wishing to get a second DSLR for a while (originally a second more up to date Nikon body) but now I'm keen to try out a Canon dslr, especially as here in the UK it seems Canon dslr bodies are better value for money on second-hand/used market.

Okay my question is to seek some advice from you all - I've not got enough spare cash to get hold of the new 500d/550d models but wondered which of the 400d/450d or even the 20d/30d you'd advice me to buy? Might even be able to stretch to a used 40d but they are harder to find at asensible price.

Ideally I'm after a step up in image quality from my existing 6 megapixel dslr and wondered what you feel is the best option I should look at here in the UK?

I tend to primarily take images of landscapes, buildings and wildlife but I do also stray into images of family and friends if that helps.

Thanks for your help.

Garry23's gear list:Garry23's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow