Sony a900 with 50mm 1.4 at f11 iso100 1/100th

Both shot handheld at 50mm

F11
iso 100
1/100th of a second

Lenses

Canon 50mm 1.8 mk2
Sony 50mm 1.4

Processed using capture one. The only 2 parameters altered in processing were exposure to match exposure and White balance to try to match the color tone.

My conclusion is that the a900 has a significant dynamic range advantage, evident in the shadows of the trees.

Though close scrutiny I belive that the 5D mark 2 has a higher per pixel sharpness despite having the lesser megapixel count.

The two Camera and lens combinations display a different color tone representation. The Canon seems to have a more cyan/blue bias whereas the Sony tends to have a brown/orange bias. I found this to hold true even after extensive color shifting and color match trials.

Even though the photos were both shot at the same exposure and settings actuated within seconds of each other (no clouds were near the sun) still there seemed to be about a1.5 stop difference in relative brightness of the image at least in capture one software. The Sony turned out quite brighter than the Canon, I'm not sure if this has something to do with the native iso.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow