Illegal usage of photo

Started Aug 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
elli morris New Member • Posts: 4
Illegal usage of photo

I've had companies steal my work before, am a member of ASMP so know a bit about copyright infringement. This time, I was contacted by a client to submit work to an international quarterly publication to appear alongside an article on them. I contacted publication, asked for terms to which they replied "no photography budget and our customers are happy we are featuring them so they just give us photos for free." I made a deal with my client to buy the image for one-time usage. (Client is a small local biz so doesn't have this kind of cash but I wanted to help them out.) I emailed both client and publication with the terms. Publication emailed they could not accept my terms of one-time usage so they would not be using my photo. Guess what I just saw in their latest publication? My photo. I'm in the US and this is a UK-based publication sent out to major international corporations. How should I approach the publication since they already said they never pay for photos?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow