E3 vs E30 for Bird Photography?

Started Aug 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
haziz Regular Member • Posts: 395
E3 vs E30 for Bird Photography?

I have had the Olympus 300 f2.8 lens for 8 months, and use it with the 1.4x and 2x converters. My body so far has been an Olympus E620 which feels underpowered compared to the lens. A case of the tail wagging the dog. I particularly hate the tiny viewfinder. I often have to confirm focus by eye, even if I am relying on AF. I have so far been waiting for the mythical Olympus E5 but can wait no longer due to the sense of missing opportunities.

So from those who have used both, specially if you are using it on the 300 f2.8 lens. Which would you get? I am leaning towards the E3 mainly because of the better viewfinder; the weatherproofing and the higher rated shutter are also a plus but not critical. In most other areas the E30 however seems to be the more advanced camera and the lens adjustment is a big plus in my book, though I think my copy of the 300 f2.8 lens is accurate at least on my E620.

I am also dreading seeing the E5 a month after I get my E3 or E30. Decisions, decisions......

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow