New lenses photos and info at NikonRumors

Started Aug 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
pandalee Veteran Member • Posts: 3,075
Re: New lenses photos and info at NikonRumors

msolea wrote:

Of this set of announcements, only the 85mm f/1.4 AFS interests me. But, I already have the AF-D version. So, unless Nikon has pulled out all the stops like they did for the 24mm f/1.4, I do not see myself even considering an upgrade at this time.

But, if this lens keeps the magic of the 85mm f/1.4 and improves upon them, then I might consider it. VR would be nice, but not at the expense of other characteristics and Image Quality and the use of 77mm filters.

well said and I agree.

(The one mock up of the 85mm f/1.4 AFS VR lens I saw gave the lens a bulbous front element like the 14-24mm with a built-in hood and no way to use filters. So, if this is the reason why Nikon did not go VR, it is a very good call in my humble opinion.)

never seen it but hope it is not really coming , I hate a huge prime with no filter thread.

Otherwise, the only reason I might end up getting the 85mm f/1.4 is if they do release a cheaper FX camera that does not support AF and is cheep enough to offset the cost difference of the 85mm AF-D and AF-S lenses while sacrificing little from the specs of the D700. Given the age of the D700, I would say they only thing they would sacrifice is the all metal chassis.

I agree here too and I dont personally care if it is metal but I do care if it is sealed.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow