In the "good old days" the coating on the lens used to be made from Gelatine. Although great for lens coating Gelatine had a few drawbacks. One is that it was quite soft and easily damaged. The other was that it absorbed moisture and was great food for mould. I have lost a number of good SLR and 2 1/4 sq lenses to mould over the years.
My question is;
What are the new coatings based on, and is it more resistant to mould than the old ones? Electronics etc are still very sensitive to high humidity, but will the lens be safe from mould in high humidity environments??
Thanks for any input.
|In the Big Girl Chair by BryanKing|
from Baby Photography
|Ruby Red Dress by cjf2|
from High key portrait with RED
|Follow me home by eaa|
from Shades of Blue in Nature