Actual LX5 vs LX3 ISO 1600 comparison. I prefer LX3 result.

Started Jul 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP Condor Senior Member • Posts: 1,768
Re: a waste of time.............

John Tracy wrote:

I understand your point but until we see more highly controlled samples

Totally agree

than this one it's a bit premature to draw a conclusion.

Agree again

And maybe you and me, we are going to wait a while to make our minds.

And this thread would be totally irrelevant in that case, except for the following fact:

People are already or could be already tempted of buying (pre-ordering) LX5 units believing that they produce more beautiful photos than LX3. 10,000 units per month, 120,000 units per year, that totalized a 60 million dollar market, or 60 million that somebody wants to take from our pockets... And you can say... but the majority of this people could return this product in less than 30 days... Do you know the real statistic of the % of the total bought that people really returns?

And that's ok if we were basing our conclusions on objective samples and experts correct conclusions, but even you said that..." I understand your point but until we see more highly controlled samples than this one it's a bit premature to draw a conclusion."

So, could you explain to all of us, why the 2 (now 3) "only" reviews that have appeared from main photo or consumers products reviewers of 2 continents are already emitting opinions saying that LX5 does better than LX3? When even you agree that that's no clear based on their samples? How many people do you think have already read their sites or the hundreds of sites that are repeating or redirecting their readers to these sites?

You said before ..."But it seems to me that the orig poster is trying his hardest to convince everyone that the LX5 is inferior to the LX3."

Maybe, and I might be wrong at the end, but the question is. Why you didn't do this other statement at the same time......"But it seems to me that these 2 world-wide known reviewers are trying his hardest to convince everyone that the LX3 is inferior to the LX5." Even though your final conclusion was... (and again)"until we see more highly controlled samples than this one it's a bit premature to draw a conclusion."... Did you post a comment in their sites expressing that opinion? Why not? At least, I did.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow