Another convert from Sony...

Started Jul 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP Darrell52 Senior Member • Posts: 1,344
Re: In terms of sheer image quality...

oh if your definition of over all IQ means just high ISO , yeah the 5D2 is a great cam.

Another person talking to me like I'm an idiot.

Well, I dont think Kabe Luna is trying to compare the trashy lens the 24-105 f4L to the even trashier lens like the 24-70 but to the Sony Zeiss 24-70 or Canon L primes

Canon 24-70

Fred Miranda: The new 24-70L provides great image quality suitable to professional standards.

Luminous landscape: Given that the old 28-70mm has long been considered a stellar performer — one of the most highly regarded mid-range fast zooms — to have it trumped so decisively by the new 24-70mm is quite a surprise.

The Digital Picture.com: All said, I think the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens is one of the best Canon walk-around/all-purpose lenses made.

photozone.com: The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 USM L proved to be a worthy representative of the pro grade lens league

In fairness there does seem to be some inconsistencies in different samples.

I'm sure you can find reviews on the 24-105 on your own. Those that I read indicated resolution was very similar. The 24-70 is obviously faster but no IS. I may wait and see if Canon comes out with an IS 24-70. I understand many have been waiting. The potential price scares me a little too.

These reviews don't seem to support your opinion. The Sony Ziess may in deed be better though. I know it's a great lens, as are many of the Ziess lenses. I never did acquire any since I wasn't prepared to gamble that kind of money on Sony's commitment to dslr's.

Darrell52's gear list:Darrell52's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow