7D -> 5D II... will I miss my 7D?

Started Jul 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
GtoJon
GtoJon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,552
Do It!

I know you didn't mention focus, but the 5D II has a little slower focus, but not as bad as some people say & not as good as the 5D III in the future. You also didn't mention Video, I know it also may not be an issue, but the 7D does do 720p @ 60fps. To some people that may be an issue.

The 5D II is a fantastic camera & so is the 7D. I owned the 7D, but the noise was too much for my liking. The 5D II is fantastic & if you need reach, you could attach a Tamron 1.4x converter & it would perform just as well as the 7D for image quality & a little slower focus.

5D II is a great camera & Low ISO noise to me is not an issue. I Tested it & I can't see it. If I process my RAW images with a free program called FastStone I can see noise, but not banding.

After you buy it .... test it! If you find problems exchange it with your authorized dealer. Had to send mine in 2 times & took 45 days to get it fixed for front-focusing!

Good Luck
--
http://www.JonSmithers.com GtoJon -
Taken any photographs lately?

GtoJon's gear list:GtoJon's gear list
Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow