Another convert from Sony...

Started Jul 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP Darrell52 Senior Member • Posts: 1,344
Re: Congratulations!

Thanks Sal, seems the only ones happy with Sony are Canon users. Maybe it's just the nature of photography, no matter what you have the other guys gear is better. I realize I could be in the same situation but for now at least, I'm comfortable with my decision. It's clearly is not a change that I took lightly and i considered my options carefully. I looked at Sony first since not changing would be easiest. I wasn't comfortable putting $2500-3000 into the A850/900 given my read on Sony's direction. D700 was an option but I think it's too old a design. The 5D Mk ii is still a relatively new offering and seemed the best combination for my needs. It's odd but several respondents here seem to think they know what I need better than I do. Not likely, since they know very little of my shooting style, preferences etc. Anyway, the feedback here is free so I'll take much of it at face value.
Thanks again,
Darrell

Darrell52's gear list:Darrell52's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow