Actual LX5 vs LX3 ISO 1600 comparison. I prefer LX3 result.

Started Jul 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
IchiroCameraGuy Contributing Member • Posts: 888
Re: LX5 looks pretty good to me.

digby dart wrote:

The light changes so quickly at dawn and dusk, it not a good time for a comparison unless the images were produced absolutely simultaneously. That said, for me, these images support what Panasonic is claiming in the 40% colour and 30% low light detail improvement.

It is easy to tell they are simultaneous and how does this support a 30% improvement in low light detail? Whatever settings this was the jpeg engine gave far too much noise reduction. I imagine the default levels have more now since they know the model will be compared with the Canon S90 and others. If you can't have similar detail having less noise doesn't really mean much, any camera can pull off that.

I want to get a RAW file on Silkypix Pro to see what it really like because Panasonic is doing awful jpeg processing lately.

Only this is if they caught up to S90 in dynamic range and maybe sound noise ratio with RAW files is that enough? Surely S90 successor is right around the corner and has improvements.

IchiroCameraGuy's gear list:IchiroCameraGuy's gear list
Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS M Samsung NX500 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow