Another convert from Sony...

Started Jul 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
Kabe Luna
Kabe Luna Veteran Member • Posts: 9,493
In terms of sheer image quality...

...and arguably high ISO IQ, you were in better hands with the A850 and A900 for optimum image quality. Interesting choice to switch to a more expensive Canon full frame camera paired with a very mediocre L-series zoom rather than simply move up to Sony's less expensive full frame option.

Hope you get what you want out of it. The switch certainly isn't likely to improve your abilities as a photographer.

Darrell52 wrote:

Today I ordered a Canon 5D Mk II and 24-105 kit from Henry's and my switch from Sony has begun. As I divest myself of my Sony gear, I hope to add a number of other Canon "L" zooms and possibly a prime or two. I just got tired of waiting for Sony to introduce its enthusiast and above level cameras. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I learn more about the Canon offerings and am anxious to post my first 5D photo. Hopefully my new kit will be here by the weekend. Wish me luck.

-- hide signature --
 Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow