Lightroom Books: Kelby vs Evening

Started Jul 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
JJMacks
JJMacks Forum Pro • Posts: 10,520
Re: Lightroom Books: Kelby vs Evening

Their styles are very different I have never cared for Kelby writing. I find Martin's books very informative well written through and his video to be very good they should be viewed more then once for its easy to miss some of his finer points. I can not comment on his Lightroom Book for I do no use lightroom and the Photoshop books I have are for an older version then CS5. While Adobe Product continue to evolve you do not always need books written for the latest ans greates versions. One needs to learn the basics first once you do the latest bells and whistles will fall into place. What has been maturing most in resent Adobe Image Processing is RAW conversion Lightroom, Bridge and Photoshop share a common conversion engine however lightrooms GUI is NOT the ACR dialog. So the latest Lightroom book would probably be a good deal where a Photoshop user may be better off investing in a book that just deal with ACR 6.
--
JJMack

JJMacks's gear list:JJMacks's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow