Started Jul 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
p51d007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,235
Re: My Thumbs Down for the dmc-FZ100K

I got tired of waiting for panny to update the FZ50 with a less noisy sensor, better low light. I hated to get rid of my FZ50 (it's still in the family with my dad), but, I wanted more, so I went with a DSLR.

I don't think panny will chop the legs out under the feet of the 4/3's they've obviously spent so much time & money developing.
So, that means no manual zoom or focus, no super fast shutter speed and other

obvious FZ50 features. They want people to spend the money on 4/3's and when I looked at them, I said why bother? Spend the money on a full size or near full size DSLR. Those 4/3's look to flimsy to me. Perhaps from a design or how good it looks idea, but I want something I won't be afraid to break.

The FZ50 that I used was in my camera bag, bounced around, heat, cold, wet abused, but NEVER once let me down. I don't know if I could say the same
with the 4/3's. I don't like the lens that fold up INSIDE the lens. My dad

found out the hard way with his FZ28 last summer when he turned on the camera, screwed on a filter that was just a little wider than the outside and he turned it off. I like to never got it off and reset. The in the lens zoom was a great idea that (I guess) Leica came up with.
If the shots of the FZ100 on the panny site are accurate, those that have an
FZ will either hang on and wait, or move to something else.

10kzoom wrote:

NOT an FZ-50 upgrade or replacements!!

No Manual focus Ring?? ("Jog Dial" for manual focus??)
No Manual Zoom Ring?
No Articulate LCD??
Shutter speed for stills of only 1/2000?? Not enough of an improvement.
I might add that I could care less for any movie capabilities in a still camera.

They should have used the processing power spent on the movie modes to make real good improvemnets in many of the still-image parameters.

-- hide signature --

Coming to you from the beautiful Ozark Mountain Country
where if you're too busy to go fishin', then you're too busy!

p51d007's gear list:p51d007's gear list
Nikon D7200 Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow