dmc-FZ100K

Started Jul 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
Effzeeone Veteran Member • Posts: 3,638
Just as I thought...

Just as I thought -- it's more a merging of the FZ50 and FZ35, but I have to admit it looks pretty good. I liked the internal zoom lens on the FZ50, but that's not really possible with anything over 12x and only when paired with a very small sensor (or else we'd see it more with DSLR lenses).

I think the biggest things going here is the no-doubt improved JPEG engine, the superior sensor, what appears to be (maybe) an articulating screen, and the hotshoe for an external flash. There are some personal preferences of mine that are missing, but, at least for me, Panasonic actually seems to have done pretty well with the must-have features and no real surprises about the any features that are still sitting on my FZ50 Upgrade Wish List.

Of course, all this is moot if the image quality or performance turns out to not be so good in the real world, but it's looking pretty good so far. It's not going to get me to pack up and eBay my DSLR kit, and frankly put, I probably will never buy a FZ100, but considering a little over a year ago Panasonic pretty much officially said the FZ50 line was done, this is a bit of a surprise and I am very surprised about the features.

-- hide signature --

Chris
Effzeeone now has a...PentaxKayEx ???!!! WHAT?!
(Gear in profile)

Effzeeone's gear list:Effzeeone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 Pentax Optio WG-2 Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 Panasonic FZ1000 Pentax K-x +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow