Started Jul 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
safaridon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,314
Re: dmc-FZ100K - swing view LCD

Midwest wrote:

Robbob67 wrote:

safaridon wrote:

The reference to swing view LCD might mean it will be hinged at the top so one can tilt the screen to avoid glare or position for picture taking.

A tilting screen (like on the Fuji HS10) will suit me fine.

Just as examples I have a few shots taken down into a birds' nest with my FZ-50 which I was able to compose from standing on the ground and holding the camera up high.

A top hinged LCD would not let me do that. I think Panny has too good a record to put such a lame half-baked solution on a camera anymore.

-- hide signature --

I far prefer a fully swivel LCD screen on any camera to either of the above alternatives especially as can reverse to protect screen when not in use. However a hinged sreen at top takes less space, less expensive, and less prone to breakdown than a simple hinged one. I would take a hinged one any day over a fixed one simply to be able to get away from sunlight reflections.

I hope that Pany does come out with a swivel AMOLED screen much like that used on the EX1 would be my preference and like to see one such camera in all sensor formats ie FZ100, LX5, and GF2.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow