New Sigma 7-200 lens

Started Jul 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
pandalee Veteran Member • Posts: 3,075
Re: New Sigma 7-200 lens

Shutterbug1129 wrote:

Never used Nikon or Tamron, but a few years back the zoom ring on my two-year-old Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 locked up and I sent it in for a $500+ repair...parts were backordered and it took about a month-and-a-half to get it "fixed" and returned...when I finally received it, the AF was all screwed up...erratic...in AI Servo it would lock up like in One Shot...sent it back and was informed that Sigma had corrected the matter, but apparently they didn't do a thing to it...

And the AF worked fine previously...even had to use it a couple of times with the locked-up zoom ring and it worked perfectly...

Of course, opinions are like bungholes, but I'll never have anything to do with Sigma again...wound up unloading the 120-300 on eBay for a little over a grand and bit the bullet for a Canon 300 f/2.8 IS and have never regretted it...

but this about the price , the Canon is much more expensive and should be much better.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow