Corrupt JPEG Recovery help?

Started Jul 5, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AegisXLII New Member • Posts: 7
Corrupt JPEG Recovery help?

Hello all,

Recently I had my first day of shooting on the used Nikon D80 (lightly used, well maintained) I got off Craigslist. After a full day of sightseeing and picture taking in the city, I get home only to discover that 90% of my shots are corrupted.

I made the mistake of using the old off-brand SD card that came with the camera without reformatting it first. Coming from point-and-shoot, I'm not familiar with corruption issues. I tried shooting for a while with a different newer card properly formatted first and the pictures came out just fine.

But my question is, do any of you have recommendations for recovering these photos? I have the memory card untouched as well as a digital card image made with PhotoRescue.

I've tried PhotoRescue, JPEG Recovery, and Pixrecovery all without luck. This is frustrating, because the photos seem to be classic examples of jpeg corruption. Color overlays, data flipped around a bit.

If anyone has any ideas for me I would love to hear them.
--
Do your good deed for the day - help a neophyte.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow