NEF workflow question
I would like to lay out a workflow for editing and storing raw files. Please tell me if you think I should not do it as planned.
Should I delete the NEF and keep the TIFF file for future editing or just keep the JPG and delete both NEF and TIFF?
1. Always save your TIFF's in a subfolder of the NEF folder. And JPEGs in another subfolder.
2. Always keep the NEF's. They're your master. You can always recreate the TIFF's and JPEG's from the NEF but you can't recreate the NEF from the TIFF/JPEG. Also, improved RAW converters may give you the opportunity to re-process the NEF at some point in the future.
3. If you archive the NEF's, it's a matter of pure preference whether to keep the JPEGs and TIFFs. I tend to keep my JPEG's and delete the TIFF's. I do save a few multi-layer PSD's which embody complex/special processing.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4