I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
gebco
gebco Contributing Member • Posts: 740
Re: I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Gazooma wrote:

The health of Pentax should be even more important to those who have invested heavily in Pentax then the newbies using just one K-x. For all we know, the success of lowly K-x may have saved Pentax and provided a future, benefiting all Pentax owners including any annoyed K-7 owners.

There are many K-x users who are also very happy and their enthusiasm about their camera and the high ISO is easy to understand. Shooting at ISO 3200 at any time and getting reasonable pictures without entensive PP work is, as one example, a revelation and habit changing. An extra stop can also translate into so many other advantages besides real lowlight shooting, like DOF, shutter speed, dynamic range could make a big difference to some shooters.

I am one of those newbies, and the K-x absolutely hit its mark with me. I took a long time considering an upgrade to my Sony V3 and was looking at the D90 but had trouble justifying spending that much $. The K-x does what I want it to and I can use my old lenses. As far as entry level cameras, I really think the K-x is the best value and could be what it takes to increase Pentax's viability. I am one of those people not heavily invested in Pentax, but certainly support its bottom line!

-- hide signature --

Gebco

Pentax K-x with 18-55 kit lens, 55-300 lens, AF-360FGZ flash, Pentax-M 50mm f/2.0, Pentax-A 35-70mm, Tokina 28mm f/2.8
Pentax Program Plus, Pentax AF240Z flash
Sony V3-an awesome performer!
HVL-F32X
Olympus C-60, a great little camera
Canon MP530

gebco's gear list:gebco's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow