I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
Gazooma Senior Member • Posts: 2,159
Re: I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Nice balanced summary, pcarfan. I hope this is not going to start a K-x vs K-7 war again.

I can see why you are not leaving Pentax. With such nice lenses as you have, I can't see you leaving Pentax ever, even if you should one day go FF.

You are not getting the K-x. OK, that is an easy decision too, since you have everything you need in the K-7, which is a much better camera, except for the performance at really high ISO which you do not really need.

For others who do not have those lenses, who do not even have a DSLR, and those who do not want to spend so much money, the K-x makes sense. The attention given to the high-ISO performance of this camera is justified and it helps to get many new buyers for Pentax, who may otherwise never consider Pentax. That is important and can help all Pentax owners. The health of Pentax should be even more important to those who have invested heavily in Pentax then the newbies using just one K-x. For all we know, the success of lowly K-x may have saved Pentax and provided a future, benefiting all Pentax owners including any annoyed K-7 owners.

There are many K-x users who are also very happy and their enthusiasm about their camera and the high ISO is easy to understand. Shooting at ISO 3200 at any time and getting reasonable pictures without entensive PP work is, as one example, a revelation and habit changing. An extra stop can also translate into so many other advantages besides real lowlight shooting, like DOF, shutter speed, dynamic range could make a big difference to some shooters.

Glad you are so happy. It is nice to be happy about one's purchase decisions and I hope everyone is too. If everybody is happy with what one has , then there is no need to be annoyed by what others are happy about.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow