I am not leaving Pentax, neither am I getting the K-x.

Started Jan 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
RogerMexico Contributing Member • Posts: 861
Better late than never

I missed the first post back in January. And, had I seen it, I was then in my anti-Pentax phase, I would have most likely disagreed. Then, I started to look more carefully at what Sabatella was saying, along with Gordon B Good. Also looked at the shooting that was coming from Kietha, the Mouse, devisor, areid jr. and others. And thanks mainly to the patience and good counsel of Leo, I gave k7 a go. I bought two primes (in fact I have a third one, the 40mm on order from B&H) and became a convert. No sooner had this conversion taken place, than this site turned into a second D700 forum. Like you, I looked at several systems and like you went with Pentax for several reasons (yes I have lenses dating back to K1000 days but I don't use them) but mainly because of the primes. Now, I want to simply say enough of this d700 talk. It's a good camera, heck almost all the DSLRs today are good cameras. But if you are happy with the d700 then tell the people in that forum, if you want to exhibit your d700 photos, then exhibit them in that forum. If someone wants a 12 mp FF then let them go to the d700 forum for information, if they want a 21mm FF w oustanding video capability let them go to the Canon forum. I know that Pentax has its shortcomings; man, I spent a lot of time pointing them out along with ASA-5. But, the K7 really is a good piece of gear and for probably 95% + of the people who do photography it is more than sufficient.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow