What options do we Pentaxians have for a 70-200?

Started Jun 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,509
Re: What options do we Pentaxians have for a 70-200?

Anirban Banerjee wrote:

Hi,

I use a Pentax K100D ( ) and an MZ-S for BW film. I really envy the Canon guys with a two zoom solution for the most used flengths, the 24-70/2.8 and the 70-200/2.8. We Pentaxians have only the Tamron and Sigma 70-200, the first known for focus issues and the second for so-so IQ. There is the FA * 80-200, but rarity rulse it out.

So, what do we have in the 70-200 range? FF is important to me.

-Anirban

• yeah, I know, time for change, if I weren't so much into film

Hi

If you really want one and you do not want to go Tamron or Sigma then switch...or at least get a camera and THAT lens to see if you wanna switch.

While I would LIKE a Tamron, Sigma or Pentax FA, I recently got a old Tamron 70-210 3.5 adaptall (19ah) and it is good if you do not mind manual focus....only half a stop down for a fraction of the price (some fringing) but it IS full frame and if you got one in the interim if you ever swap systems you can take it with you as a spare.

I am happy enough to not seriously think about the af 2.8.

There is also a Tamron adaptall 2.8 but that is rarer and still goes for a fair amount...though is supposed to be excellent...again ff and could be taken with you if you change.

Just a thought.

neil
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26884588@N00/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow