FZ50 & shutter speed

Started Jun 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
talkswithdoodles
talkswithdoodles Regular Member • Posts: 119
FZ50 & shutter speed

I just can't seem to get my shutter speed to shoot fast enough. I shoot a lot of birds and want a fast shutter speed for crisp photos because most birds move around a lot. When I snap my shot, I hear clicka-clicka....do you know how much time lapses during clicka-clicka to allow for shaking? I have heard people with Canons and Nikons fire away with a fast "crunch" sound and at times sounding like a machine gun! The thing is, in the past, I have heard my camera shoot faster. I usually shoot on P, my ASA is between 100-200, I shoot often on 8mgs but some times 10. I have shot photos in the brightest of light-clear blue sunny skies in an open area @ 200asa -it couldn't get brighter! and yet : clicka-clicka !!!grrrrr! Often I shoot using burst because the shutter sounds faster to me (and it helps with moving objects-hopefully ONE will turn out)...but I should get this result by shooting one image. For sharpness I always use a tripod and often a cable release. The camera is fine otherwise, I believe. It takes great flowers/closeups, portraits & scenery but I feel that I have changed some setting and now just can't get a fast shot, like, if I wanted to still water falling. Got any suggestions on how to get a crunch instead of a clicka-clicka?
--
Thanks,
TalksWithDoodles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fuzzy 20 & 50, Tizzy 1, OlyCam-seven40,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow