Using Sony professionally/limits

Started Jun 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
andrea buso Veteran Member • Posts: 3,319
Fashion advertising use

The only 2 limitations I can think of ( but they are not a big deal for me) are: availability of rentals that is very sparse around the world and direct tethered shooting that is not possible with capture 1 pro and the new lightroom 3.

Direct tethered shooting is much faster and less complicated than the actual solutions available with the hot folder.

Check images from 1 to 52.
http://andreabuso.com/fashion/index_fashion.html

if you click on the images you can actually see them a little larger.

All shot with a900 and 20mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.4.

those shot at night or under dim light in interior, are exposed between 1600 to 3200 iso, they were noise free (after minor post) once printed. Some where published at double page size on magazines printed on high quality glossy paper.

AD and fashion editors have been very happy about quality and never asked a question about the cameras that I'm using.

I though someone was going to, considering that 99% of my colleagues around the world use the Canons, but nobody can care less of the cameras we are using.

I have been using the system for the past 2 years and it works as reliably as the two other major brands.

Personally I'm very happy with the quality of the files, look of the images, easy of use of the system and reliability of AF.

Cheers.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow