Using Sony professionally/limits

Started Jun 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
gipper51 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,518
Re: Using Sony professionally/limits

alphaone wrote:

I disagree.
What i use is none of the clients business. The client is not buying a camera.

True, but clients are buying an image and some of them will want (need) an image of certain quality or technical trait. What is so hard to understand that some paying clients are demanding images of greater quality than "any camera"? Will an image taken from a 6mp DSLR satisfy the art director for a high end fashion magazine because I told him any camera can take the picture they want?

I use different brands for different things. They are tools to help me sell a product.

You just proved my point with that statement.

Like i said. Don't put so much faith in the tools doing the work for you.

If 10 photographers all have the same body and lens one will get the product that a client will buy. If 10 photographers all have different bodies and lenses only one will get the sale. Not necessarily the one that got the sale in the group with all the same bodies.

I have faitih in my ability to make a good image , but I know I can make a technically superior images with more advanced equipment than what I have. If the day comes I get a call to photograph the new NFL stadium and they want minimum 25 MP 16bit TIFF files... I guess telling them my Sony A700 will do just as good will be alright

Sad but true...equipment does matter for many jobs. If it didn't every pro would be shooting a Brownie
--
Newest galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/portraits
http://www.pbase.com/gipper51/architectural

gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Canon EOS 7D Mark II Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow