Electronic shutter or mechanical shutter?

Started May 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
xlynx9 New Member • Posts: 16
Re: Electronic shutter or mechanical shutter?

vertical traverse, focal-plane type

"vertical traverse" implies it is mechanical.

The term "Electronically controlled" (key word "controlled"), is basically redundant, as all modern digital camera shutters are electronically controlled - it just means it's not a spring loaded mechanism.

Focal-plane just means the shutter is located directly in front of the sensor (or film).

In other words, it's the same concept as the shutter in the Olympus, Panasonic and Samsung live view only systems cameras. Hopefully the shutter isn't as loud as the ones I've seen so far!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow