Some of the best macro pics ive ever seen with m43

Started May 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
Voldenuit
Voldenuit Senior Member • Posts: 1,648
Re: Some of the best macro pics ive ever seen with m43

kiri wrote:

Did he ONLY use a GF1 and the 45mm macro lens for these???
If so, its really incredible!!

But I wouldn't have thought it possible to get that much magnification with that lens... Some of these look to be much greater than 1:1 no?

1:1 magnification is at the focal plane. If you stop down (a lot of his shots are at f/18), you get increased DOF both in front of and behind the FP. Course, f/18 doesn't buy you much depth at macro distances, but it's still something.

1:1 is pretty good, I was tracking a bumblebee with the PL45/2.8 today, and I could get close enough that he more than filled the scene. Unfortunately, he really didn't like that, so I backed off after taking a couple of blurred shots. Doh.

Oh, not related to DOF, but I believe he also used a FL-36 or FL360 flash. Awesome stuff, in any event

Voldenuit's gear list:Voldenuit's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow