how to disable Epson printer's color mgmt in CS5

Started May 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
santamonica812 Contributing Member • Posts: 991
how to disable Epson printer's color mgmt in CS5

I forgot to ask this question in my prior post, earlier today.

When I printed with version CS4, it was easy to disable my printer's (Epson 3800) color management when that print screen came up. I think it was a box that I would check or uncheck as needed. Or maybe it was a drop-down menu choice. It's been a while, so my recollection is hazy on this point. But I did remember that I had to do it . . . PS even gives a helpful warning notice if you pick "Let PS color manage" in the print screen, alerting the user that he/she has to also disable the printer color management.

But I don't see any way to do it in CS5 (my OS is Vista SP2). (The warning is still there, however.) As I said in my prior post, the screens that I see are completely different from CS4, once I hit "Print Settings" in the initial Print screen. I spent about 15 minutes looking through all the options, but I can't see anything for disabling the printer/3800's color management. Is it possible that it now is done automatically? (My test print did come out perfectly, which would never have happened if both PS and Epson were trying to color manage the file.)

Where are you guys going inside PS to disable your Epson printer's color management while inside the PS print dialogue screens?

-josh
--
http://www.pbase.com/santamonica

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow