Review mode with VF-2 and new firmware

Started May 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Philip Kahn Forum Member • Posts: 56
Review mode with VF-2 and new firmware

I have recently obtained the VF-2 electronic viewfinder for my EPL-1. Under version 1.0 of the firmware, when the VF-2 is on, I compose my photos looking through the viewfinder and I review them looking through the viewfinder.

Earlier today, I upgraded the firmware of the EPL-1 to version 1.1 without apparent incident. However now when the VF-2 is on, I compose my photos looking through the viewfinder but when I push the review button they are displayed on the LCD and not through the viewfinder. This normally makes sense because it is presumably easier to review while looking at the back of the camera.

I need reading glasses and I have adjusted the diopter of the viewfinder in order to enable me to shoot without my glasses. Unfortunately I have to put my glasses on to review the photos that I have shot. Otherwise, I will have to set the diopter for shooting with my glasses on.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that will allow me to shoot and review through the viewfinder so I can keep my glasses off, under version 1.1 of the firmware?

The viewfinder is a big improvement for shooting in bright sunshine. It also makes using large telephoto lenses much more practical. Manual focusing with the viewfinder works very well.

Thanks,
--
P. H. Kahn

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow