Have a K-7, getting Nikon D40...

Started Apr 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 20,301
Re: Have a K-7, getting Nikon D40...

Alek79 wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:
Alek79 wrote:

Nikkor 30/1.8 - no Pentax equivalent. And finally D40 - beautifuly compact, quiet shutter, 1/500 (!) flash sync speed and my beloved 6MP sensor. Do you really need more for travel?

Cheers,

Al

No Pentax equivalent? How about the 31 f1.8?

A 1300$ lens vs. 250$ lens, are you kidding me?

If you want a Coke bottle....get one.

You list the Sigma 10-20 for the Nikon D40.....then why don't you buy it for the Pentax. It does come in a Pentax mount.

Of yourse I could get it in K mount, maybe shouldn't have mentioned it in nikon context as point was more about the all around zooms and compact flashguns. The truth however is that I can get a 2nd hand sigma in Nikon mount from my local brick and mortar shop today instead of ordering online for pentax for 200$ more as the used ones are very rare.

Sorry, but this is starting to seem like a post to troll.

I explicitly mentioned the AFFORDABLE travel kit, please be constructive instead of putting lenses with 6 fold price difference next to each other. Sorry, but that looks like a fanboy post.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow