Need one lens to replace my current 3 lenses. Need help choosing one.

Started Mar 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP cheapa55 Regular Member • Posts: 258
Re: Need one lens to replace my current 3 lenses. Need help choosing one.

Great advice! I'll look at those lenses, haven't heard about them until now.

motor drive wrote:

Let me suggest this. Go to the B&H Web site. Go to the DSLR lenses and go to Sigma. There are two Sigma FX lenses to consider. Both are 24-70. One is the 2.8 EX DG Macro at $569. The sesind is the 24-70 2.8 IF DG HSM AF at $899.00. When your in the lense page there is a drop down for "Reviews". The $569 model is the heavier of the two but does a decent job. The $899 model is lighter and more compact and is compared to the Nikon 24-70 2.8 in most areas. You should read about both of these lenses. Go to other review web sites besides Dpreview and read about these lenses. Personally I favor the lighter more compact model at $899 however you need to make your own decisions. If your shooting a DX body these will work. If you upgrade in the future to a FX body you get to continue to use them. I believe Nikon does produce a better grade of lense but the Sigma at $899 is very close. Is a Nikon really worth the extra $1000. If your a pro maybe so. If not getting the Sigma may be the right choice.
~~~

cheapa55 wrote:

Thanks but the lens is too slow when I'm in Low light. I don't need the 200mm zoom. I will compromise the zoom for some speed.

zzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Sounds like you should just use the 18-200 and sell the other two. That is about the best 1-lens solution you will find.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RAL
RAL
RAL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow