Gritty Sand in AF ring on 70-200 f/4 IS L
I've managed to get a very small amount of gritty debris in the AF ring on my 70-200mm f/4 L IS.
When I manually focus I can occasionally feel the slight "unsmoothness". Is there a way to remove myself ?
Any idea what Canon service might charge ?
Thanks ahead of time for your answers/help.
I thought about hooking up a shop vaccum to a small aperture hose and trying to create high suction around the ring ...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%