what happened to NuCORE Techn after it was acquired?

Started Apr 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kerusker
Kerusker Senior Member • Posts: 1,469
what happened to NuCORE Techn after it was acquired?

by Mediatek in 2007?

Taiwanese fabless IC design company Mediatek Inc. announced that it will invest $37 million in private U.S.-based digital camera chip designer NuCORE Technology.

Mediatek would own a 69% stake in the firm after the stock swap. The company indicated it would use the alliance to expand its product line and more importantly to accelerate penetration of this new market, as well as for potential technology synergies with its handset chip business. The San Jose, CA based NuCORE Technology Inc. was started in 1997 by founders with background from Hitachi medical imaging and Intel Japan, focusing on digital image processing chips for video and digital cameras.

I can't find much about NuCORE's technologiy, which has been implemented into the K10D and others (f. ex. in to the Kyocera 400, which I have owned about 2004).

Thanks for any hints.

-- hide signature --

][.Kerusker
we don't see that we don't see (eye's blind spot)

my albums: http://picasaweb.google.de/Kerusker

Kerusker's gear list:Kerusker's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow