Beauty Dish Result critique?
IMO there is no right or wrong. What matters is to learn how to use what you have. Experiment and get the most out of it!
There are small, large, deep, shallow, white, silver .... types of beauty dishes and they all make a great light modifier once the photographer knows how to use it. My advice is to get a model for a few hours and start getting to know your dish. Try it up close, then further away, try pointing directly at your subject, try feathering .....
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%