SAL135F28 vs SAL135F18Z on FF

Started Mar 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mission Regular Member • Posts: 371
SAL135F28 vs SAL135F18Z on FF

I have an opportunity to buy one (but not both) of these lenses.

I know they are very different in operation - and I've read every STF review & it's very very tempting

Q1. Will the lack of AF (as I mainly shoot handheld or monopod) be eventually annoying.

Q2. I now wear glasses .. even as good as the A900 viewfinder is .. I've tried setting the eyepiece for use without glasses - without 100% success. Critical focus without glasses was easier.

Q3. Will a FDA-A1AM angle finder (with 2x) assist?

Q4. Will the FDA-FM1AM type M focusing screen be very helpful (all my lenses are 2.8 or better - except when I use a 1.4TC on the 70-200G).

Q5. Has anyone tried the STF on a A500/A550 - it would seem to lend itself to the manual focus check LV mode .... making focusing very accurate without the use of the viewfinder. Would the A5XX be doing an injustice to the STF if I had it sitting on that as a backup body on outings.

Who knows maybe the A905/A1000/A1 (what ever they call it) will have live view as well ??

I notice at least one DPReview member who had a STF sold it when they got their 135mmCZ.

M

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow