Olympus OM Lenses - EOS Adaptors

Started Mar 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
stevielee Senior Member • Posts: 1,138
Re: Olympus OM Lenses - EOS Adaptors

Andy Howell wrote:

I've just ordered a cheap adaptor ring that will allow me to use my old Zuiko M lenses with the 5D II.

I remember these as cracking prime lenses and will be interested see how they match up.

Is anyone else using one of these adaptors?

I'm using 2 lenses right now that come in a Olympus OM mount: the Zuiko 50mm f1.8 MIJ (Made in Japan) variant, and a Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f2.8-4 3rd edition (Komine).

http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

My Olympus OM adapters both have AF confirm. The 50mm Zuiko MIJ is fantastic on the 5D II. Not as fast as the Canon 50mm f1.4, but as sharp wide open at 1.8. The only real downside is the darkening viewfinder when stopping down these adapted lenses since the aperture is controlled manually via the dial on the lens. At f5.6, or greater, precise focusing is better attained using live view than looking through the viewfinder. I picked up the 50mm Olympus for $50, and the Vivitar 70-210 for $65.00, as well as both the OM to EOS adapters on eBay for about $25 apiece. They have worked out just as advertised - though accurate focusing can still be a tricky affair - especially with longer focal range lenses above 70mm.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow